Dear Parents and Students of Year 3
We would like to invite interest from any students in Year 3 wishing to participate in a workshop designed to boost study/revision skills and preparation for exams.
Following the successful set of workshops offered last academic year to Year 3 students as well as to Upper School students, VEEMA Education, a UK based educational consultancy firm (www.veema.co.uk), is working with us to offer a student masterclass designed specifically for Year 3 students, entitled ‘Brain Booster’.
What does this masterclass involve?
The workshops will take place in the School Hall on Tuesday 13th February. The times will be confirmed at a later stage.
- Effective strategies for processing information — including memory games that help build brainpower.
- Reflecting with students on how they currently study — what works for them and why and how we could improve the way they approach independent study time.
- What revision methods do not work and why they are not effective.
- Growth mind-set — the importance of students developing a growth mind-set attitude towards learning.
- Activities include areas such as personal, learning and thinking skills, independent enquirers, team workers, creative thinkers, self-managers, reflective learners, effective participators etc.
- To acquire important strategies and techniques for exam success
- To enable students to properly plan and personalise learning and revision
- To develop time management and organisational skills
Student will leave the Brain Booster masterclass;
· Feeling confident in using ''the seven habits of an effective learner'- when in the classroom or studying independently.
· With examples of a ‘growth mindset’ attitude and how the brain works best when learning.
· Better informed about how to effectively plan their revision for their upcoming exams.
If you are interested in participating, click here (https://www.englishschool.ac.cy/machform/view.php?id=39938%22)
Complete the online registration form paying €30 online by 7th February 2018.
Please also note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.